In our history, Britain has produced the fame of the anarchy symbol and it also has some respectable stunt scooter brands. Combine those two and you get 1080. Ten Eighty brings us their starter model in stunt scooting, the jury. It is time for us to be the judge of the Jury.
SDJ Sports is a United Kingdom brand that specializes in bringing online consumers quality sport products. They feature all kinds of different outdoor sports products including cycling, swimming, fishing, running and -our main field of interest- stunt scooters. Although SDJ don’t niche down their sports brand, they did develop a special brand name for the stunt scooters. Welcome to Ten Eighty, the stunt scooter brand with the anarchy logo. Does 1080 provide anarchy for the stunt scooter sport?
That you haven’t heard of Ten Eighty as a stunt scooter brand is pretty normal. They’ve only existed for five years now. So they still have some work to do to get their brand out there in the skate park.
The Ten Eighty features a quality design completely made out of aluminium. This scores it some serious brownie points with us; We love lightweight aluminium. This will provide us with a smooth and fast ride. But don’t be afraid, aluminium can withstand heavy wear and tear especially in and out of the skate park. Our jury finds this Jury to be a lightweight, fast, sturdy machine.
The Jury comprises of a durable yet lightweight alloy deck with a cool hollowed out headtube, stiff and strong “T” style bars. Which makes it easier to use a bike lock on this scooter. This stunt scooter really uses a lot of high end material that can be found on high end and priced scooters.
The Alloy core wheels provide a superb grip and a smooth and fast ride. Take into account the lightweight materials used, the Jury is a speed machine. It is hard for us to find any real downsides on this scooter.
The Jury is a winner. It is a perfect starter scooter with high quality materials used. It is easy to mount and dismount new materials on this ride. Unfortunately, 1080 as a brand doesn’t reach out that much to the stunt scooter community which makes it hard to give them feedback on how to improve such a great scooter. Luckily, they do have other great standard high quality top models in their catalogue.
- Bars: ‘T’ Style bars for extra Stiffness and Strength height 32”, width 20”
- Deck: Lightweight Alloy Deck with headtube exposure
- Fork: Ultra Strong Threadless Steel Forks
- Wheels: Alloy core 100mm wheels with PU88a tyres
- Grips: Super-Soft High Density Pro Grips
- Clamp: Hidden Internal Compression System accompanied with 4 Bolt Collar Clamp
- Headset: Diecut Downtube & Headtube
- Bearings: High Speed Abec Bearings
- Grip Tape: Full RAW Coarse Grip tape
- Brake: 1080 Pro Flex Brake
Pros and Cons
|Sturdy and Fast|
4 wheels out of 5
- Lightweight and tough alloy deck with headtube exposure
- Alloy core 100mm wheels with high quality PU88a rubber tyres and ABEC bearings
- T-Style bars for increased stiffness and strength
Last update on 2017-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API