Crisp are an up and coming brand. They now bring us another view of their high end model – the Ultima. Let us see of this is the ultimate stunt scooter.
What happens when you combine an Australian and United Kingdom stunt scooter team? Crisp Scooters! The Crisp production team set about searching for the best materials and craftsmanship to make the ultimate in scooter riding a reality. After a lot of testing, trial and error the unleashed their first premium scooter, the Ultima.
Crisp Scooters are now slowly expanding and are starting to be sold around the world. Their pro rider team feature the best up and coming riders today.
We had high hopes for the Crisp Ultima stunt scooter. We loved the previous version and we love the brand. At first glance we can say that the Ultima not only looks lightweight, it is lightweight and you’ll feel the difference when riding. A lot of this comes from the choice of very materials and the hollowed out deck.
Not only is this scooter lightweight it is tough and sturdy. The tough barends can handle some damage especially when you hit the skate park with this beauty. Another great advantage we discovered on this scooter is the handlebar. The handlebar is of such great quality that barspins and tailwhips are so easy to do. The handlebar has absolutely no wiggle which is a great plus. We just love to do handlebar tricks with this quality.
But not all is rosy. After a week of thoroughly testing this scooter we managed to give it a real rugged look. We noticed that the clamp loosens up really easily. So we advise you to keep a screwdriver in the back of your pocket to tighten up the clamp. And while tightening that clamp we’ve noticed that the handlebars get scratched really easily. Although that isn’t that much of an issue, it does make your stunt scooter look very aged really fast. We also miss the fact you can’t get this scooter in all different colours and designs. Not that it looks ugly but we just love to have a scooter that stands out in the skatepark.
The Ultima is a superb high end stunt scooter and with each year’s improvement it will turn out to be a true stunt scooter classic. Crisp Scooters are doing a good job making a name for themselves.
- Bars: Alloy Transformed Bars 22” wide x 23.2”high
- Deck: Concave Triple Channel Deck w/all new Quadri-Concave Downtube for light & strength • Deck Dimensions: 4.8” Wide Deck, 20” Long
- Fork: All new Hybrid Alloy Fork
- Wheels: Crisp Super High Rebound 7 Spoke Alloy Core Wheels
- Grips: Standard Grips
- Clamp: Double Clamp
- Headset: Sealed Integrated Headset
- Bearings: ABEC9
- Grip Tape: Water Transfer Decal • Fully Integrated Deck and Head Parts
- Brake : SST Springless Brake
Pros and Cons
|Very lightweight||Gets easily scratched|
|Quality Handlebars||Wheels can get damaged fast|
3 wheels out of 5
- Concave Triple Channel deck with attached Infinity down tube, which allow more space for the legs (not from the side plate onto the tube)
- Brand New Double alloy fork 31,8 mm, With integrated headset
- Deck Size: 114 mm (4.5 inches wide), 545 mm (21.5 cm) fully integrated and parts of head
Last update on 2018-01-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API