Affordable, quality features and very good value for money is what Fox Pro will tell you about their RAW Zest stunt scooter. Time for Urban Wheelz to put this scooter to the test.
Almost ten years ago in China, Fox Pro was established with pro scooter and scooter parts in mind. They advert to open a new trend in scooter culture with precision and lightweight engineering. They classified themselves in park and street style, free style and dirt style. They also focus themselves in the scooter sport to entry level and senior level. It isn’t a profit driven brand, they create thanks to the feedback from the riders worldwide and they aim at improving the sport. The bottom line is Fox Pro ensures us a most stable and consistent riding experience.
The Fox Pro Raw Zest stunt scooter is at first glance a stunt scooter that is suitable for all rider levels. It has a high-quality lightweight aluminium alloy deck which makes it very light. This stunt scooter feels strong and believe us, it can withstand heavy skate park use. Although unfortunately the paint can chip very easily which makes it go down on the eye-candy part. A real beauty which you can’t ignore. This scooter gave us a smooth ride especially compared with other cheaper rides.
During our stunts, we got a bit annoyed by the fact that the grips were too small. It really caused some difficulty while trying to perform some specific stunts that will involve turning the handlebar around. If you are a veteran stunt scooter enthousiast like us, we have one major suggestion. Please remove the standard factory clamp and replace it with any other you like. We’ve noticed during our heavy testing that the clamp couldn’t quite compete with the rest the stunt scooter competition. At least on this RAW Zest series.
The Fox Pro Raw Zest is indeed a great value for its money. It is equipped with some good materials even at this price range. The most important part for us, is that it is strong and durable and can withstand children and adults wear and tear. The Raw Zest is a good scooter to start with in this hobby. Fox Pro do fulfill their promises but we are still curious what their vision is on a high-end stunt scooter.
- Bars: Supersized Extra Wide Heavy-duty Cro-Moly 4130 Pro Curve Bars
- Deck: Heat-Treated Aluminum Lightweight Deck equipped with Square Neck Tube and CNC Cutout
- Fork: Ultra Strong Threadless Steel Forks
- Wheels: Hi-Rebound Printed Tires with 100mm 5 Spoke CNC Alloy Wheels
- Grips: Super-Soft High Density Pro Grips
- Clamp: Hidden Internal Compression System accompanied with 4 Bolt Collar Clamp, Alloy Quadruple Clamp
- Headset: Diecut Downtube & Headtube
- Bearings: High Speed Abec-9 Bearings
- Grip Tape: Full RAW Coarse Grip tape
- Brake: Steel Flex Fender Brake
Pros and Cons
|Smooth Ride||Clamp needs improving|
|Looks amazing||Chips easily|
3 wheels out of 5
- Fully Hidden Internal Compression with 4 Bolt Collar Clamp & Ultra Strong Threadless Steel Forks
- 6063 Heat Treated 4.25" Wide Aluminum Lightweight Deck with Square Neck Tube and CNC Cutout
- Oversized Extra Wide Super Strong Cro-Moly 4130 Pro Curve Bars - Width 510mm x 560mm
Last update on 2017-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API