A small priced stunt scooter with an unknown brand name. What is this Land Surfer scooter all about? Read up in our review.
Land Surfer is a Dutch skateboard brand. Land Surfer are steadily working on making a name for themselves in the extreme urban wheel sports scene. They’ve got a good track record of producing skateboards but now they try their first attempt at a stunt scooter.
You can’t deny the fact that the stunt scooter we reviewed is a real beauty. Black and with flames on it, who doesn’t like this tough look? But do the looks fit the quality of the scooter?
Land Surfer call their stunt scooter lightweight and robust. In comparison with the other stunt scooters in this price range this brand made the choice to use steel instead of aluminium. This makes the stunt scooter very robust and believe it or not this one is also a very agile scooter. But personally, we prefer the more lightweight aluminium options.
The deck on this scooter is fully rotating which makes it perfect for any range of tricks you want to do. The base of the deck is reinforced with a slide plate which adds safety and strength when rail sliding and grinding. This makes the Land Surfer Stunt Street Scooter especially designed with tricks in mind. Also, the wheels used give a very smooth ride.
Land Surfer really designed this scooter with the skate park in mind. The materials used makes it sturdy enough to withstand the wear and tear you will give your stunt scooter. But it can easily – thanks to the smooth and quiet ride – be used for transportation or even riding from and towards school or the park.
But this stunt scooter is far from perfect. This black beast is rather on the small side which makes it harder to use for adults or larger kids. We think this will fit a six or eight year old best. Also, we’ve noticed that it is best to grease up those bearings in the wheels for your first ride or you could break them very easily. Luckily dismantling the wheels is an easy task.
All in all, Land Surfer did a good job on producing their first stunt scooter. We assume that in a few more years with great development and feedback from the community they can compete with the major brands within the scootering sport.
- Bars: Steel Alloy Y-Bar
- Deck: 360° Swivel Reinforced Gripped Deck
- Fork: Integral Forming Steel Alloy
- Wheels: 100mm Polyurethane High Rebound Wheels
- Grips: Comfort Rubber Grips
- Clamp: 4 Bolt Stem Clamp
- Headset: Bearings Threaded Headset
- Bearings: 608Z ABEC7 Bearing Steel
- Grip Tape: Full Length Custom Graphic
- Brake: 6061 Aluminium Alloy T6 Heat Treatment
Pros and Cons
|Good deck for tricks||Smaller size|
3 wheels out of 5
- 360° SWIVEL REINFORCED GRIPPED DECK - As with any good stunt scooter a fully rotating deck is a must for perfecting and expanding your range of...
- LIGHTWEIGHT & ROBUST - A robust tubular steel frame allows for performing tricks or scooting in a Scooter park but weighs only 3.2kg making the...
- MICRO SPEED POLYURETHANE WHEELS - 100mm polyurethane high rebound wheels give a smooth ride in cruising mode while adding comfort when landing...
Last update on 2018-05-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API