The VX7 Pro Scooter, THE version to have for a starter.
Madd Gear, THE leading brand in stunt scooters for Australia. For 15 years now, these mad(d) Aussies have been working on a solid brand for outdoor sports worldwide. With this model, they bring us their seventh vision on what a pro stunt scooter for starters should be like.
What makes Madds VX series so unique?
The fork. It’s completely made out of alloy instead steel which provides us with greater strength and lesser weight. Also, the fork on this VX7 series looks more simple and slick instead of the previous version(s). And it’s 120mm compatible, this combined with an integrated headset, we can conclude that Madd gives you the opportunity to mod this scooter to your personal needs, and that is a huge advantage. With an integrated 4-inch-wide deck, there is enough foot space to master those mad tricks. And besides the hardware, look at the slick neat colours to choose from and that kick-ass silver handlebar. What eye-candy!
For more experienced stunties, the Pro might not be pro enough but luckily Madd hasn’t forgotten you and has other more advanced versions of this scooter. People who are about to start in this fantastic hobby and want to hop around. This is the scooter to buy, he does not feel like the cheap stunt scooter you buy at the local toy store. When you have this beast in your hand you will feel like a Pro.
Don’t be fooled by the looks of this professional scooter. It is completely child friendly and will also suit -thanks to the large deck- any adult. A deck with a width of four inch can even fit the biggest feet amongst us.
The only thing that bugged us a bit was the quality of the delivered griptape. So, we advise getting some spare grip tape with this scooter cause sometimes with heavy wear and tear it could use replacement, and you don’t want to damage your nice looking deck.
So, if you are new to flipping, grinding, bunny hopping and scooting in general, then this VX7 pro is the beauty to get! And Madd Gear’s pro scooter is a true value for its money
- Bars: 23″ (H) x 21″ (W) 4031 Japanese Chromoly Upsweep Fluted One Piece Oversized T-Bar
- Deck: 4″ (W) x 19.5″ (L) MGP Integrated 6106 T4 & T6 Heat Treated Alloy, Fluted with 3° Concave
- Downtube: Scalloped 83° with Cut Out Detail
- Fork: DDAM M1 120mm Threadless IHC 3D Forged Alloy
- Wheels: 100mm 88a Anodised Alloy Core with High Rebound Urethane
- Grips: MGP 130mm TPR Grind Grips
- Clamp: Double Bolt Powder Coated 6106 Alloy
- Headset: MFX Sealed and Integrated
- Bearings: K-2 ABEC-9 Rated High Speed Chrome
- Grip Tape: MGP Printed Full Deck Grip
- Brake: MGP 100mm Composite Blitz Brake
Pros and Cons
|THE starter model||Grip tape durability|
|Alloy fork instead of steel|
|Feels like a pro|
4 wheels out of 5
- The VX7 Pro scooter is now by far the best entry level Pro scooter money can buy
- Bars: 21" w x 23" H 4031 Japanese chromoly powder coated upsweep Fluted
- Deck: integrated 19.5" L x 4" w 6061 T4 & T6 heat treated & Fluted with 3 degree concave
Last update on 2018-03-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API