Or as we call it, riding your scooter backwards.
Learning this trick will open up a bundle of tricks that’ll require riding backwards, like a nose whip. A fakie is a simple enough move that requires balance and control. It opens up the possibility to do tricks in to fakie and out of fakie.
The simplest way to practice your fakie is to approach a ramp or pipe, roll up it slightly and let gravity do the rest.
- Roll slowly towards a quarter pipe, keeping yourself in a straight line.
- Let yourself roll backwards back down the quarter pipe, keeping your balance at all times.
- Look at your front wheel to help steady your balance.
- Turn your front wheel only a small amount when you need to, trying to stay in a straight line.
- Roll backwards for as long as you can and then half cab out.